The mission of the National Western Volunteer Program is to assist management and staff of the National Western in providing top quality service for exhibitors, patrons, and guests in the continued effort to be the top combination livestock show, horse show and rodeo in the world. We are a year round facility and often shows renting our facility request National Western volunteers to assist with their shows.
Volunteers have the opportunity to volunteer in many areas including the Kids Activity Pavilion, Coors Western Art Room, Guest Relations, Horse and Livestock Show Assistants, Educational Programs, Information Booths, Photography, Ticket Taking, Administrative Support and many other special events during the year. Click below to learn more about the National Western Volunteer benefits and requirements.
Come learn more about the National Western Stock Show volunteer program by attending the Saturday, June 23rd orientation. More information will be sent after filling out a volunteer application HERE
Dates for the Stock Show Royalty application process:
Coordinators and Local Rodeo Royalty: All application requirements must be completed in order for Local Rodeo Royalty to volunteer for the 2019 National Western Stock Show.
September 1- October 15: Registration begins.
- Each LRR: queen, LIW, attendant, princess, etc., must complete an on-line application.
- Required NWSS Volunteer Agreement/Waiver Forms, Regular OR Minor-( LRR under 18yr) will be available on the NWSS web site.
- Send signed NWSS Volunteer Agreement/Waiver Forms, via US Mail only, to Jennifer Adams, P. O. Box 1215, Bailey, CO 80421
- Please write your Rodeo Name on each NWSS Volunteer Agreement/Waiver Form, *notary is not required, do not complete veterinary portion.
November 1: Required signed NWSS Volunteer Agreement/Waiver Forms for each LRR are DUE to Jennifer Adams. (address above)
- Please send via US Mail only. We cannot accept via email or scanned forms.
- After the signed NWSS Volunteer Agreement/Waiver Forms are received, an email will be sent to coordinators with an access password for each LRR. This password will enable LRR to select volunteer dates when online scheduling begins.
November 15: Online Scheduling/Date Selection begins.
- There are limited daily slots available; schedule early to receive desired volunteer dates.
- This year each day will be divided into two segments. One-week day is required.
- The Parade is Jan. 10th, sign up for that date to ride in the LRR entry.
- Individual LRR parade entry applications are available at the NWSS web site.
***Distance Rodeos; Please register early to insure your dates. We will be unable to secure dates for you this year, however, please contact Priscilla at email@example.com, or 720-530-8305 with questions. We will do our best to accommodate your dates.
December 1: Online Scheduling/Date Selection will close.
- If you are scheduling after December 1, please contact Cheryl Sena at 720-284-2099 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
December 15: All LRR application process must be completed.
- Complete online registration, submit signed required NWSS Volunteer Agreement/Waiver Forms, appropriate for age, and online scheduling/date selection.
December 31: LRR Handbook/Guideline Booklet will be sent to coordinator email address.
January 2-21, 2019: LRR Packets available for those LRR’s with completed application requirements.
- Pick up packets in the Event Center at the LRR room.
- Packets contain: pin(s) for registered LRR, 2 grounds passes per volunteer day for chaperones, and a voucher to select rodeos and horse shows.