COLISEUM & WILL CALL SHUTTLE
The Volunteer Center is a busy place during the NWSS, with volunteers coming and going at all times. It is the nerve center of the entire volunteer operation, where assignments are made, volunteer records are kept, and volunteers are directed to respond to areas where needed.
LOCATION & CHECK-IN PROCEDURE
The Volunteer Center is located in the Expo Hall at the south end of the mezzanine, above the ticket office. All volunteers are required to check in and out at this location on a daily basis.
- VOLUNTEER GREETER greets volunteers, provides information and keeps the office neat, clean and orderly. Instruct new volunteers on proper check in and out procedures.
- TIME KEEPER Must be comfortable using a computer. Adds and corrects volunteer times to the computer. Answers phones answering general questions.
- DISPATCHER is responsible for radio communications and dispatching volunteers as needs change. The dispatcher checks-in and out all radios.
- DRIVING the “Coliseum & Will Call Shuttle” before and after rodeos. This assists Stock Show guests who pick up their tickets at the NWSS Will Call trailer (located in the southeast ticket office of the Hall of Education) to the rodeo located in the Denver Coliseum.
- MAINTAINING THE COMMERCIAL EXHIBITS LOUNGE, which shares many of its resources with the Volunteer Center. Also helps maintain the Volunteer Center.
- MOVE-IN / MOVE-OUT: The Volunteer Center schedules volunteers to assist the commercial exhibits department during move-in and move-out.
Volunteer Center volunteers will relay messages between volunteers calling via phone and volunteer service area captains through written messages placed in the Captains mailboxes located in the Volunteer Center.
Apply to be a volunteer at the National Western Stock Show
Back to Volunteer Areas Overview