The duties for this service area have been expanded to included functions that will appeal to a wide volunteer base. Beginning with the 2011 show, Marketing Outreach volunteers will assist the NWSS HR Department with both the Returning Employees Job Fair for two days in November as well as the New Employees Job Fair in December. Volunteers with an HR background will be especially needed. Hours accumulated during these fairs can be added to total hours spent volunteering during the show.
New this year, volunteers will play an important role part in determining both the short and long range goals of the National Western Stock Show by greeting guests and gathering information that will be used by the NWSS and its sponsors. Four volunteers will be needed inside the Coliseum and the Events Center for every ticketed event to accomplish this very valuable task.
Each year, the NWSS holds Family/Senior Days; the Thursday morning PRCA rodeo will be a very busy time for this service area. Volunteers should be prepared to assist with a large number of shuttles and vans arriving with seniors and handicapped guests. Additional training will be provided to volunteers signing up for this day.
LOCATION & CHECK-IN PROCEDURE
Sign in on the computers at the Volunteer Center prior to your shift. Assignments and any updates or event changes will be posted daily in the Volunteer Center.
GREETERS/MARKETING OUTREACH LOCATIONS
- Returning Employees Fair will be at the Farm Credit Building.
- New Employees Fair will be on the 3rd Floor, Hall of Education
During the Stock Show:
- Inside the Events Center
- Inside the Coliseum
- Inside the Farm Credit Building
- Assist the NWSS Human Resources Department at the job fairs in November and December. Volunteers will greet applicants, direct them to the appropriate areas for interviews, assist with filling out all required paperwork, and ensure all steps in the hiring process are completed from paperwork to getting their picture taken for their id.
- Gather information from our guests via easy, non-intrusive surveys prior to all ticketed events in both the Coliseum and Events Center.
- Enter the information into a database on the computers located in the Farm Credit building.
- Volunteers should be knowledgeable about the NWSS facilities and the events being held that day.
- Assist at the Family/Senior Day during the PRCA morning rodeo.
- Be familiar with the “Will Call” ticket procedures.
- Greeters should dress appropriately as this job will require volunteers to be outside at times walking to and from the different venues.
Apply to be a volunteer at the National Western Stock Show
Back to Volunteer Areas Overview