Volunteer at the National Western Stock Show!
The mission of the National Western Stock Show (NWSS) Volunteers is to assist
management and staff of the National Western in providing top quality volunteer
service for exhibitors, patrons, and guests in the continued effort to be the
top combination livestock show, horse show and rodeo in the world. The NWSS Complex is a year round facility and often shows renting our facility request NWSS volunteers to assist with their shows.
If you are 16 years of age or older and are interested in becoming a new National Western volunteer then join us at our New Volunteer Recruiting Round-up to learn about the volunteer program, it's mission and meet current National Western Volunteers.
Volunteer Round-up Information Sessions (You only need to attend one):
- Wednesday, December 12, 2012
5:30pm - 7:30pm
Volunteer applications will be available and you will be able to interview for the 2013 National Western Stock Show! You will also find out how to become a year-round volunteer and talk with staff and volunteers about the many volunteer opportunities available to you.
to the huge success of the National Western Stock Show, Rodeo & Horse Show, 500
volunteers contributed more than 32,000 hours last year!
Volunteers share our vision and mission, and support this through their
countless hours of service. In turn, volunteers experience new friendships,
camaraderie, and an outlet to share their knowledge and skills. Each volunteer
is required to purchase either a shirt, vest or coat.
What Can Volunteers do?
- Guest Relations Volunteers help greet and give our visitors a big heartwarming "howdy", take tickets and help with guest shuttle service.
- Tradeshow Volunteers provide Information Booth guidance by providing maps and/or directional advice, help move-in and move-out over 300 vendors and check-in rodeo contestants
- Education Volunteers help with kids activities including meeting and greeting the hundreds of buses that transport students to the Stock Show for a field trip and rounding up kids to participate in an exciting stick horse rodeo! Help check in kids, provide important stick horse/rodeo attire costumes and cheer them on!
- Greet and welcome guests in the Coors Western Art Room, International Business Center, conduct guest surveys and be a photographer assisting with taking pictures throughout the stock show.
- Help with administrative projects - from daily office work including database entry, to answering telephones, to preparing invitations and large mailings.
Livestock/Horse Show Volunteers
- Assist staff, exhibitors and superintendents in the livestock barns, yards, livestock entry offices, and Stadium Arena, as requested.
- Horse show volunteers work closely with the NWSS Staff and exhibitors in the Events Center with all equine shows and events.
New Volunteers (ages 16 and up) interested in volunteering at NWSS, please click here to fill out an application. Please note: If you fill out applications online you will receive information by October 1 on how to RSVP for the October 25th or November 3rd short interview.
- If you would like to attend a New Volunteer Round-up Information Session "before" submitting an application, no problem! Just send an email now to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know which of the dates you will be attending!
Current/Active volunteers click here to access your schedule and update your profile for the 2013 show.
Royalty volunteers please click here.
To learn about the volunteer requirements, responsibilities, and benefits of the
program please go to the
Volunteer Policies and Procedures Handbook.