Where Does the Money Go?
The money will be contributed to the Western Stock Show Association d/b/a National Western Stock Show for allocation according to its rules and regulations and for use in the organization. The National Western Stock Show is a 501(c) (3) organization.
Some of the funds are used for the following:
- Scholarships - 10% of each winning bid is given to the National Western Scholarship Trust which supports 74 scholarships each year.
- Education - The National Western provides educational opportunities for men and women of all ages
- Rewarding Excellence - A portion of the funds are provided to exemplary exhibitors for usage in providing additional funds for use in their agricultural and breeding programs. This is used in helping young men and women continue a career in agriculture - the backbone of America!
- Exhibitions - providing funds to be used for exhibitions benefiting the livestock industry and agricultural tradition.
- Exhibitor reimbursement and awards - the Junior Exhibitor could be provided reimbursements for their expenses along with an award for raising the animal.