National Western proudly hosts more than 20,000 students, teachers and parents each year through our organized School Visits Program. Educating our children about agriculture is a part of the National Western Stock Show's mission.
All Schools MUST Pre-Register to be admitted for FREE
Click here for registration
School Tours are available from January 14-18 and January 22-25, 2013
Following registration, schools will be contacted if tours are available.
Please have 2 or 3 days in mind before you register as your first selection might not be available.
Download School Visit Information Sheet
Chaperone Letter - Please Distribute Prior to Arrival
- The School Visits program is geared towards grades 1st through 6th.
- Any 7th through 12th grade participants are encouraged to register with School Visits, but will be CHARGED GENERAL ADMISSION FEES (see below). For payment, please contact the National Western Group Sales Department at 303.295.3959. You will not be admitted unless you have your tickets.
- Registered schools must show up on their assigned day.
- If you show up and are not registered with our School Visits program you will be sent to the Events Center ticket office to purchase general admission tickets.
- The cost for general admission is:
- Children 2 and under are free
- Ages 3-11 are $2 -$3
- 12 and older are $13 - $19
- Due to safety precautions, no toddlers or strollers will be admitted with a school visit groups.
- School groups must participate in our PLAN YOUR DAY activities.
- Home Schools must be a part of governing Home School Association and come as an organized group of 15 or more. Please call 303.637.8104 for more information.
- There is a cost –
- If you purchase your food.
- If you attend a rodeo in the Denver Coliseum or any other ticketed event.
- Discounted tickets are available for groups of 15 or more. Please contact 303.295.3959 for more information.
For more information on activities happening during your visit, go to http://www.nationalwestern.com/schedule/
- Arrive at 9am on the date your school is scheduled. If you arrive on another date, you will be charged.
- Have the buses drop you off on the east end of the Events Center Arena; volunteers are there to assist; you'll be asked to submit a form for each bus.
- Directions to Events Center drop off:
Parking for the Buses:
- Going East or West on Interstate 70, take exit 275C onto Brighton Blvd.
- Go North to East 48th Avenue, and turn left (West).
- Turn left (South) on Baldwin Ct.
- Drop off is on the East side of the Events Center
- Updated information will be available on nationalwestern.com as Stock Show nears
- One general admission ticket will be provided to your bus driver.
- Parking for other vehicles:
- Make sure every adult knows the bus number and when it will return for pick-up. Buses normally leave around 1:30pm.
- Groups will be divided inside the building by the School Visits staff.
- Each School is responsible for their day at the Stock Show. NO tours are given by our staff or volunteers, but they are available to answer any questions you may have.
PLAN YOUR DAY
- A PLAN YOUR DAY MAP is provided for you. Use this map to help PLAN YOUR DAY. (SEE REVERSE SIDE)
- Visit the Following Areas:
- NO tours are given by our staff or volunteers, but they are available to answer any questions you may have.
- If you brought sack lunches, you may not sit in aisles, on stairs or in designated restaurants. Students should carry their lunch in a back pack as there is no storage area for boxes of lunches.
- Food also can be purchased at the National Western.
- Please plan on eating in the Stadium Arena (#5 on map)
We want you to enjoy your visit and be safe while you are here. Please remember these important safety rules and continue to remind students of them:
- RULE #1 – Use your INSIDE VOICE. This means no yelling or screaming.
- RULE #2 – WALK with your group and stay together. This means no running.
- RULE #3 – SAFE PEOPLE:
- Volunteers in Black/Turquoise
- Uniformed Police Officers
- Uniformed Fire Fighters
**If you get separated from your group, you should find one of these safe people to help you.
- RULE #4 – Get PERMISSION to touch any of the animals. If no one is around the animal, you are NOT to touch it. If you do touch any animals, don’t forget to WASH YOUR HANDS afterwards.
- Once you determine a time you will need to leave grounds and notify your bus driver of that time be sure to arrive 15 minutes early to the East End of the Event Center *(#1 on your Map).
- You will be directed to specific seating in the Events Center to wait for your bus. A volunteer will notify you when your bus is outside. REMAIN SEATED UNTIL THEN.
- A sign with the name of your school will be displayed by this location.
- Volunteers will help with the loading process.
- If horses are in the arena, everyone must stay away from the arena rail and remain quiet.
- Please be patient, everyone tends to leave at the same time.
Pre Stock Show Visits
- Beginning in September, if you register with the National Western Stock Show School Visits program through the Adams County Website, you will have the ability to schedule a pre-Stock Show visit at your school during November 26 to December 13, 2013.
- The deadline to register for a pre-visit is October 26, 2013.
- Each pre-visit will involve two people: a county extension agent as well as a NWSS volunteer. One person will talk to the kids and one will talk with the teachers about what to expect when they come to the Stock Show.
- There are a limited amount of pre-visits that are allotted; registration information will be sent out in September.
Download Teacher's Guide - Lesson Plans
Thank you for joining us this year!
We hope your visit is both fun and educational!